Master of English degree (in progress). La Sierra University, 2004.
Coursework emphasizes graduate-level analyses of literature, solidly based on the major schools of literary criticism.
Bachelor of Arts degree in English, Emphasis in Secondary Education (magna cum laude, with honors).
Pacific Union College, 2000.
Coursework emphasized literature and writing. Additional coursework to pursue teaching credentials focused on teaching methodologies and strategies as related to English
- Honors Project entitled “From ‘the Land of Darkness and Despair’ to the Promised Land: Seventh-day Adventist Missionary Narratives, 1889 – 1997.”
La Sierra University, Graduate Teaching Assistant. Riverside, California.
Taught a three-quarter freshman writing course in college-level writing, especially research and academic
La Sierra University Learning Support and Testing Center, Tutor. Riverside, California.
Tutored students in English and writing, particularly for students with second-language difficulties.
- Helped several students, in particular graduating seniors, pass required courses to ensure on-time
Loma Linda Academy, Teacher. Loma Linda, California. 2001-2002.
Taught six courses per semester: two ninth-grade religion courses, up to four ninth-grade writing courses, and one tenth-grade writing course.
- Independently developed a semester-long ninth-grade writing course curriculum.
- Collaborated with other teachers to ensure continuity of instruction within and among grade
Pacific Union College Student Association, Campus Chronicle Online Editor. Angwin, California,
Reproduced Campus Chronicle for the electronic medium; designed and maintained Campus Chronicle Online.
- Editor-in-chief selected design proposal for Campus Chronicle Online.
- Re-formatted print newspaper articles for the web, including images and hyperlinks.
Pacific Union College, Custodial Services Department. Angwin, California, 1996-2001.
Regularly cleaned classrooms, lecture halls, and faculty offices in a number of campus buildings; later assigned to regular garbage collection from campus bins, cans, and buildings.
County of Imperial, Public Health Department, Student Assistant. El Centro, California, Summers, 1996-1999.
Maintained and upgraded computers department-wide; prepared purchase orders for the Fiscal department, as well as other accounting/clerical duties.
- Upgraded most computers in department to hardware requirements for Windows 98 and Office 97 installation; installed Windows 98 and Office 97, providing troubleshooting and on-site debugging.
- Created and used Excel spreadsheet to distribute and analyze telephone usage for the department.